Holiday Cottage Guest guidelines for Covid-19
We respectfully request that all guests read the following advice before arrival at Hallagenna specifically about how COVID-19 is going to affect all aspects of your holiday this year. We all have a part to play and guests are reminded that the onus is not entirely upon the owner for ensuring that their trip to Cornwall be a healthy one. Guests must accept that they take responsibility for some aspects of their stay. If you are unsure of any measures then please call us on 01028 851500 for further information.
- Guests are requested to be aware of the check-in and check-out times for properties to allow for cleaning. We are proposing that check-in time is delayed for all guests until 5pm (normally 4pm).
- Please use the guidance given for the Key safe and clean the key before leaving in the safe.
- Guests should be aware of the importance of leaving your property clean and tidy to help to control the workload of your cleaner. We will be taking extra cleaning requirements particularly seriously this year and, where cleaners find properties in a poor state of cleanliness, an appropriate deduction from a security deposit should be made.
- All guests are requested to wash all kitchen equipment after every use and to put any used items in the dishwasher and turn on before leaving the cottage on the day of departure.
- Guests should provide their own hand sanitiser and any other personal cleaning products. We will provide as much in the way of general cleaning products as possible. However, we cannot provide additional personal cleaning items.
- Due to extra cleaning requirements barbecues will not be provided for 2020.
- Most importantly, guests must not come on holiday if you are ill or have had any symptoms.
- If you display any symptoms of COVID-19 during your stay you must immediately vacate the property, inform us or your housekeeper and immediately return home to self-isolate. You are not permitted to stay at the property with COVID-19 symptoms.
- Please follow current social distancing guidelines when mixing with people outside your social group.
- In the cottage we have left a check list for cleaning. This is for guest’s information and gives details of the cleaning and extra cleaning which our cleaners will carry out before guests’ arrivals. We would appreciate it if guests would also use this list to keep all areas clean whilst staying in our cottages
Where we have a guest report with symptoms
- Guests will be asked to leave the property immediately and return home to self-isolate.
- Inform us as soon as possible so that we can agree on how to manage the following booking.
- Do not enter or allow anyone to enter the property for 72 hours after the infected guest has departed.
- Read and follow the Government guidelines for COVID-19 cleaning in non-healthcare settings: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-decontamination-in-non-healthcare-settings/covid-19-decontamination-in-non-healthcare-settings#principles-of-cleaning-after-the-case-has-left-the-setting-or-area